Saturday, November 7, 2009

Looking for a new job. The recruiter did not finish checking references...what does this mean?

they called only my first reference, never the second one. Does this mean they are not considering me for new role? or any hope there?
Looking for a new job. The recruiter did not finish checking references...what does this mean?
He had seen enough - one way or the other. He either really liked what he heard - and was happy w/ the rest of your portfolio - or he really DIDN't like what he heard.





In my management experience, I didn't have enough extra time to call all the references - I'd pick one or two, and unless I had some suspiscion nagging me or heard something peculiar, I didn't bother w/ them all. Plus, w/ all the legal restrictions on what former employer can/ can't say - employer references are often not terribly helpful. Personal reference aren't too great either, everybody can scrape up a few official sounding people to vouch for them.
ghetto names

No comments:

Post a Comment