Saturday, November 7, 2009

I am looking for a teaching job in NW Indiana, hows the job market there?

I actually am from Northwest Indiana. Lived there up until recently. I was told by everyone (college professors, elementary teachers, etc) that the job market for teachers in that area is AWFUL! I guess even the biggest school districts have decided to cut back on hiring. That is one of the reasons why I chose to hightail it out of there. I know a few people that have gotten jobs right away out of college- but most had to do subbing for 6 months to a year (or more!) before they found a teaching job.





That being said, I think the teaching job market isn't that great for much of Indiana. Good luck!
I am looking for a teaching job in NW Indiana, hows the job market there?
I've lived in Indiana my entire life and usually it is difficult to find a teaching job, because there are a surplus of teachers here. Unless you are a Math, Science, or Special Education teacher, you may have trouble. But, you never know, there could be some openings here. Good Luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment